And while I love the taste of freshly baked banana nut bread or zucchini bread, I wouldn’t recommend it – and here’s why …
Yield: 12 servings
Prep: 25 minutes
Bake: 45 minutes
1 1/2 cups sugar
1/2 cup butter, softened
1/2 cup sour cream
1/2 cup low fat milk
1 large egg
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 tsp salt
2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
3 cups thinly sliced rhubarb (about 6 stalks)
2 Tbsp sugar
1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Place the sugar, butter, sour cream, milk, egg, baking powder, vanilla and salt in a large bowl; beat until smooth.
- Stir flour into sugar mixture until well blended. Fold in rhubarb.
- Transfer batter to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan.
- In a small bowl, combine sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle over batter,
- Bake for 45-50 minutes or until knife inserted near center comes out clean. Serve warm.
Even real men will like this one!