Yield: 8 servings
Prep: 25 minutes
Bake: 35 minutes
1 tube (16 oz) refrigerated buttermilk biscuit dough
2 cups chopped fresh rhubarb, divided
1/2 cup sugar
1/4 cup packed brown sugar
1/4 cup Mrs. Wages® Spiced Apple Mix
1/2 cup butter, melted
1/4 cup water
1 1/4 tsp rum extract
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 pint strawberries, quartered
3/4 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Separate biscuits. On a work surface, gently flatten each biscuit to a 3-in circle. Spoon about 3 Tbsp of rhubarb onto the center of each biscuit. Wrap dough around rhubarb, pinching tightly to seal. Set aside remaining rhubarb. Place dumplings seam side down in an ungreased 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish.
- In a small bowl, combine the sugars, Mrs. Wages® Spiced Apple Mix, butter, water and rum extract. Pour over the top of dumplings. Sprinkle with remaining rhubarb.
- Bake, uncovered, for 35-40 minutes or until dumplings are golden brown.
- Meanwhile, in a medium saucepan, combine the strawberries and sugar. Cook and stir over medium heat until a thick sauce forms, about 15 minutes. Remove from the heat. Stir in vanilla extract. Cool slightly.
- Transfer strawberry mixture to a blender. Cover and process for 15-20 seconds or until smooth.
- Spoon dumplings into serving bowls. Serve warm with sauce.