Here’s a straight-forward question about picking the right tomatoes for fresh-made ketchup from Paula:
I will be trying my hand at making ketchup this year. What type of fresh tomatoes do you suggest?
When canning tomato products such as ketchup I prefer Roma or similar meatier tomatoes – they have less juice and make a thicker product.
Enter now to win a selection of seasoning and sauce mixes – a great way to put up your tomatoes and keep that summer flavor fresh all year ’round!
Included in this prize package are:
- 3 small Pizza Sauce mix packets
- 2 mix and serve Classic Salsa packets
- 2 small Chili Seasoning packets
- 1 small Carrot Juice mix packet
- 1 Bloody Mary mix packet
- 1 mix and serve Chipotle and Garlic Salsa packet
- 1 mix and serve Guacamole packet
- 1 mix and serve Pepper Jack Queso packet
- 2 large Pasta Sauce packages
- 2 large Ketchup packages
- 1 large Chili Base package
- 1 large Pizza Sauce package
- Mrs. Wages Canning Guide
a Rafflecopter giveaway