This weekend, I received a great question from one of my blog readers, Mercy. She asks the following: “I love the pasta seasonings from Mrs. Wages. I would like to add vegetables to my sauce before I can it. This is the only way I can get my husband to eat vegetables. How can I do this? We went to the farmers market this weekend and we bought an abundance of nice tomatoes, zucchini, eggplant and bell peppers.”
The short answer is this: You can add your veggies to your sauce, but you can’t can it.
The other day, I received a good question about substituting one sized jar for another. I love sharing my experiences with readers and fellow canners, so feel free to shoot more questions over to me via my website or by posting them on my Facebook page.
The safest way to can is to make sure you’ve got the right equipment and the knowledge you need to do the job consistently and efficiently.
Enter now to win a selection of seasoning and sauce mixes – a great way to put up your tomatoes and keep that summer flavor fresh all year ’round!
Included in this prize package are:
- 3 small Pizza Sauce mix packets
- 2 mix and serve Classic Salsa packets
- 2 small Chili Seasoning packets
- 1 small Carrot Juice mix packet
- 1 Bloody Mary mix packet
- 1 mix and serve Chipotle and Garlic Salsa packet
- 1 mix and serve Guacamole packet
- 1 mix and serve Pepper Jack Queso packet
- 2 large Pasta Sauce packages
- 2 large Ketchup packages
- 1 large Chili Base package
- 1 large Pizza Sauce package
- Mrs. Wages Canning Guide
a Rafflecopter giveaway